Pretend you're making art for yourself. Obviously you aren't, but creating anything with the reception of others in mind is really hard - Nick McKinlay
Legends and modest AF babe-towns Jacinta and Sean. Shot for my good pals (lifelines) @throughthewoodsweran back in April. This was a pretty great moment, but no greater than watching my homegirl @laurenjaynehall snort-cry most of the day/night.
Novel approaching. A three month hiatus from social media will get you thinking about why the f it’s been so long between posts. And that my friend is all because of resistance. Resistance. The destructive force inside human nature that rises whenever we consider a course of action that might do for us or others something that’s actually good aka. actually do all the cool things you’ve ever planned to do and not being a jerk
The following is a list, in no particular order, of those activities that most commonly elicit resistance on the reg:
1. The pursuit of any creative expression including and not limited to posting any damn thing on social media and the big ol’ www. That and failing to commit to any of the ridic personal work photo shoot ideas rolling around in this large af head
2. The launching of any entrepreneurial venture including every business idea I’ve had in the last, I don’t know, eternity. There’s more than one and they will be pretty great if I just f-ing start them
3. Any activity whose aim is tighter abdominals. Srsly. After more than a year of attending a gym (personal world record) I still wake up every morning and want to burn every piece of active wear I own (unless it’s for coffee date purposes, that shit is a necessity)
4. Any act that entails commitment of the heart. Turns out I actually love to shoot (with cameras not guns, that would just be weird). I literally have archives full of the dreamiest documentary life and travel captures (IMO obvs) that are personally so aesthetically pleasing and I can’t seem to find the inspo to share a gosh darn thing
5. Don’t even get me started on taking or making phone calls
Basically. I’ve been super f-ing resistant to really doing or sharing anything creatively and turns out I’m pretty sick of it. I am checking my self before I am wrecking myself. And publicly committing to getting my A in to G. Oh and if you’re a creative in a similar rut you need to read The War of Art. It’s pretty spesh.
Her life is her art.
My clients are pretty f-ing ace. Insert all of the gratitude hashtags.
PPL. PWR. It’s like GRL PWR but it involves way more people standing up for what’s right. That is where it’s at. To all my home girls, I bloody love ya.